Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Are You Referable?

We talk a lot about the importance of referrals for your business, so I thought this guide from sales trainer Kelley Robertson was a great tool. Make yourself more referable by following his easy tips.

Referrals are one of the best ways to generate new sales. Here are five ways you can become more referable.

You can effectively articulate what you do. I have met numerous people at networking events who have failed to help me understand exactly what they do. To become referable you MUST be able to clearly state your value proposition.

You can describe your ideal client. At a recent networking meeting, I was asked what type of companies I work with. My answer was somewhat vague because I work with a wide range of organizations. It would have more effective for me to state who my ideal client is instead of listing the different industries I have worked with.

You refer people to others. One of the best ways to become more referable is to refer business to others. When you meet people, look for ways to connect people in your network to those individuals. When you refer business, you generate business.

You acknowledge the referrer. I have recommended other trainers and speakers to people and even though those individuals secured business because of that referral, I haven't always received thanks for that referral.

You consistently execute. Whether you sell a product or service, people want to know that you can deliver what you say you will. That means offering value or creating an experience that meets or exceeds your customers' expectations.

As President of The Robertson Training Group, Kelley has helped thousands of professionals improve their business results with his engaging approach to sales training and speaking. Learn more at www.robertsontraininggroup.com

1 comment:

tasflowrance said...

great post thanks for this information it's very useful.