Friday, February 1, 2008

Using Your Camera Phone as a Sales Tool

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most technologically-savvy person. When a new gadget comes out I'm in no rush to get it. It could have e-mail, video, internet, a camera, a coffee maker and do my laundry, and I'd still wait it out. Personally, I like to think of myself as cautious.

The tech-savvy Jan Visser over at SalesTeamTools echoes my sentiments perfectly in this post - and gave me new ideas on how to use the limited technology I've mastered. Here are his suggestions for using your camera phone as a sales tool:
  • Take a picture of a business card and use scanR to recognize the text so you can import them into your contact management software.
  • On the road to an appointment, you pass a brand new office park. Ah! New prospects! Don't we love those. Take a picture of the directory listing and call the companies located here when you get back to the office.
  • I don't know about you but when I fly, I always forget where I parked my car at the airport. Snap a quick shot of the garage floor you're on and you'll be back on track in no time.
  • You just had a terrific brainstorming session with your prospect or your technical expert. The whiteboard is filled with pictures, bullet points, arrows and diagrams. But how do you capture these thoughts, short of writing everything down? You got it - your camera phone!
  • Ever had a customer or prospect voluntarily share your competitor's proposal with you? Gee, how are you going to remember the components of the proposal and pricing? Be a bit like 007, snap a picture and share them with your marketing department too.

No comments: