Monday, June 16, 2008

Email Checklist

Usually I reserve Monday blog posts for quotes that apply to selling, to give you something to think about for the week.

I still have something for you to think about this week, but instead of a quote it's something from a post on Seth Godin's blog. He put together a long checklist of things you should think about before hitting "send" on an email.

There are some good reminders, like asking yourself:


--Do I have my contact info at the bottom? (If not, consider adding it)

--Could this email be shorter?

--Am I angry? (If so, save as a draft and come back to the note in one hour)

But here's the kicker you should keep in mind this week:

If I had to pay 42 cents to send this email would I?

With the overload of email we're subjected to each day, this is an excellent reminder to keep your communication to that which is necessary, pertinent, and important. Your customers will thank you.

No comments: