Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's Your Customer Hot Spot?

Kim Duke is a sales and business expert who doles out advice with fun, interesting anecdotes that really make it come to life. Enjoy this story and great tip about getting to your customer's hot spot.

Last week-end I made a huge cauldron of my famous lentil soup (yummy) and I was scrounging around in my kitchen "plastic drawer" looking for containers to freeze it in.

My younger sister was here, sipping coffee as I was grumbling swear words under my breath about all the stupid Gladware I have.

I couldn't find lids to fit. All the lids had stretched out in the dishwasher and were unreliably LOOSE

Younger sis piped up and said: " Kim, you need to ditch that crap and get Tupperware."

· It lasts forever (I'm warm)
· They have great product guarantees (warmer)
· You can buy replacement lids (getting hot)
· You're wasting money on always replacing the Gladware (hotter now)

And then.... " You're a huge environment lover and recycler - you won't be buying cheap plastic all the time!" WHOOP! WHOOP! HOT BUTTON!!!!

Into the recycle bin went all the cheap, nasty and useless Gladware and now I am a Tupperware convert. (And NO I don't sell Tupperware and they didn't pay me for this!)

What's YOUR Customer HOT BUTTON?

Right now, you're probably making MANY assumptions about your customers. Most of them are TOTALLY INACCURATE or OFF THE MARK. You're paying attention to details YOU THINK are what your customers want vs what they really want or need. And you're missing out on their HOT BUTTONS.

Here's your assignment. Use a service like wwww.surveymonkey.com and survey your customers re: their challenges, frustrations and what they'd like to see from you and your business in the future.

Remember. Hot Buttons cause customers to say YES much faster AND PRICE typically fades away as an objection.

Kim Duke is an unconventional, sassy and savvy sales expert who shows women small biz owners and entrepreneurs sizzling sales tips on how to increase sales in a fun, easy, stress-free way! Learn more and sign up for her free e-zine at www.salesdivas.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article, some very good ideas
To survey my customers I use a great survey tool at http://www.websurveymaster.com/ I highly recommend it, it is very easy to use and creates great professional looking surveys.
Hope this helps!
Elaine

Editor: Ashley Sonnentag said...

Thanks for sharing Elaine - what a great resource!