Monday, December 7, 2009

Quote of the Week

"Pressure is a word that is misused in our vocabulary. When you start thinking of pressure, it's because you've started to think of failure." -- Tommy Lasorda

Wow! Is it weird that a quote from Tommy Lasorda got me thinking more than many others have?! How many times have you felt like you couldn't handle the pressure, and gone off into a nice moment of self-pity? I know I've done that - and I always blame the outside sources, when in reality what I'm thinking is, "I'm not capable of doing all of this, I'm going to fail."

When I think back on those situations, that's exactly what was going on! I didn't have confidence in my abilities, so when a stressful time popped up, I immediately blamed the outside sources, instead of feeling confident in my ability to handle it.

So what's the lesson? The next time you're feeling overwhelmed by the growing list of things to do, take a big breath and remember how capable you really are! Then get back to work!

No comments: