Thursday, June 16, 2011

Are You Giving A Profound Show and Tell Experience?

Today sales expert Kim Duke shares an important sales lesson - with a fun story, like always!

I love to cook! As a kid growing up on the Canadian prairies - it seemed a rite of passage to learn how to cook from your mother. By the age of 12 I could make a complete roast beef dinner complete with mashed potatoes and gravy. Cooking truly is one of the joys of my life!

When I was recently in France, one of my favorite fun things to do was to shop at the local village markets. There's a local market happening almost every day of the week.

We stopped at a table where a man was selling knives of every shape and size. The prices were high but that's not the most important thing to a cook.

What's important?

Having SHARP Knives.

Using my limited French skills I asked...."How sharp are these knives?"

The man looked at me and said nothing. And then he provided a PROFOUND Show and Tell Experience.

First he picked up a piece of paper, held it in the air and cut it into thin, clean strips with short strokes as if he was a fencing expert.

Are You Giving A Profound Show and Tell Experience?

Here's a big hint for you.

People don't like to buy risky things at risky prices from risky people. So if someone doesn't know or trust you - guess what? They think YOU'RE RISKY.

What's One Of The Fastest Ways To Reduce Risk?

Show and Tell. (Notice how the word SHOW comes before TELL?)

Are you consistently...
•Displaying before and after pictures?
•Showing powerful testimonials with names, locations and pics?
•Allowing people to test your product or service?
•Providing samples?
•Using endorsements of celebrities (if applicable)?
•Showing the media coverage you've had?
•Offering a variety of ways for them to "sample you"? ie/ ezines, articles, printed newsletters, video, audio, podcasts, blogs, Facebook etc?

If you're not? I bet you're struggling. And really - selling doesn't have to be a struggle!

What you need to do is evaluate HOW and WHAT you can do to offer your customers a
PROFOUND Show and Tell Experience.

Now...back to France. HOW did the gentleman give me a PROFOUND Show and Tell Experience?

He didn't say a word. Instead he put his hand in front of me - lifted his thumb...
..and proceeded to shave thin shavings off the front of his thumbnail with the knife.
He looked at me with a smile and I looked back with an even bigger one.

SOLD! I bought 3 knives in about 3 seconds.

I was happy and so was he.

Don't be the risky person with the risky product or service and the risky price. Come up with a PROFOUND Show and Tell Experience for your potential customers instead.

Kim Duke is an unconventional, sassy and savvy sales expert who shows women small biz owners and entrepreneurs how to increase sales in a fun, easy, stress-free way! Learn more and sign up for her free e-zine at www.salesdivas.com

No comments: