Friday, January 7, 2011

Take Control of Your Dreams in 2011

The New Year signifies a fresh start - and what you may need to grow your business is a fresh start in the way you think! Sales trainer Billy Cox explains.

What dreams do you have for 2011? Or even betters, do you have dreams for 2011? It's time to take control.

The first step to taking control of your life and your dreams for the future is to accept responsibility for where you are right now. I can tell you for absolute certainty that you will never achieve lasting success if you don't take complete responsibility for yourself and your life.

Early in life I realized that no one was going to help me achieve my dreams and goals unless I helped myself first. If I was going to live my dreams it had to start with me- my attitude, my thoughts and my actions. I finally understood at a gut level, "If it is to be it's up to me".

I discovered that this is the same type of realization that all successful people come to eventually. They reach to a turning point in their lives when they recognize that they are the only ones who can take control of their future. Sadly, there are countless people who spend their lives feeling sorry for themselves, blaming others for where they are at in life and what they don't have. These people allow past events and circumstances to dictate today's actions.

You must realize the greatest determining factor in your future is that today's actions equal tomorrows results. Where you're going in your life is a product of your attitude, beliefs thoughts, actions and reactions to the challenges you face.

The good news is, the more you accept responsibility for your life, the more powerful and confident you feel. Why? Because you're in control! When you decide to stop blaming others and quit accepting your own excuses, you will see that you can create the future you desire.

Billy Cox is a self-development speaker who has the unique ability to bring business and life issues together with a focus on business. He is the author of The All-Star Sales Book, The Dream Book and You Gotta Get In The Game. He can be contacted by calling 1-800-722-4685 or info@billycoxinternational.com

No comments: