Monday, April 4, 2011

Quote of the Week

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds. It is something one creates." -- Thomas Szasz, psychiatrist

As someone who has experienced job unhappiness in the past, I have felt the feeling that "I haven't found myself" yet. As if there is a perfect job out there for every single person, just waiting for them so they can become their true selves. I think mine might be to be a book reviewer. Reading and telling people what I think? Sounds good to me!

Of course, I am not a book reviewer, and still I have found a way to be happy with the job that I have. I agree with the quote above - it has to do with creating happiness yourself. Finding something meaningful in each day and being proud of it. Can you find these things in your day? Being proud of your writing in an email or how well you conversed with someone is a baby step towards feeling fulfilled with your job, and yourself!

See what you can feel good about today!

No comments: