Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Magic Two-sentence Email that Gets Stalled Sales Back on Track

Here's an interesting tip from sales trainer Chris Lytle to help you get a stalled prospect back in sales motion:

When a customer didn't call me back, I sent this e-mail:

"Cliff, I still have you on my 'waiting for' list of people I'm expecting to hear from. Am I still on your radar? Chris"
His response:

"You are good. Let's talk this morning if you are available. I'm out of town but can be reached on my cell phone."
Result: Before I could call him, he called me from the road and we scheduled our next meeting. My two-sentence e-mail worked (I believe) because I really do have a "waiting for" list and keep track of people who owe me a call, an e-mail, or a contract - and because the "radar" question lets the customer opt in or out without pressure.

Chris Lytle, CSP, time releases immediately applicable sales advice via the MAX-ATM Automatic Training Machine website. Check it out at www.max-atm.com.

No comments: